New Event In-Kind Sponsorship Application
A. General Information: A New Event is defined as an event that all three of the following conditions are met:
• The event or a substantially similar event has been in existence for less than three years regionally; and,
• May not have a forecast for an average daily attendance yet event is programmed and advertised/marketed to the community at large; and,
• The event is held on City of Reno property or requires provisions of City Services.
This funding period is only for events that take place July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020.
Your sponsorship application and supporting documents will not be considered unless all of the items are received by the final deadline of 5:00 PM, Friday, February 8, 2019- THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE.
• Applications must meet all submission requirements to be considered for funding.
• Applications are first reviewed by the Special Events Sponsorship Committee in March 2019, pending availability by the Sponsorship Committee. The Special Events Sponsorship Committee makes recommendations to the Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council who will review their recommendations in April 2019, pending availability by the Special Events Subcommittee. Then the Subcommittee's recommendations will be reviewed by the Reno City Council in May 2019.